If you Like this Podcast, Please Subscribe to the Displaced African Podcast
The Podcast Interview
1) Introduction, why and how she arrived in Melbourne Australia
2) Did she arrive in the country with the intention of returning to her home country, Kenya?
3) Impressions on employment and employment opportunities
4) How the Australian labor market accepts Africans and people who have worked in Africa
5) Tips for overcoming initial hurdles you may face in regards to employment.
6) CRUCIAL TIP: Tips for leveraging FREE existing government support and resources when entering the job market
Racism and Race Relations
7) Her impressions on racism in the community and the workplace
8 ) Tips on racism for new immigrants
9) Her impressions on the cultural mix of Australia.
10) What she has gained from the culture of Australia
Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
11) Comparisons between her ability to maintain a healthy lifestyle in Australia and in her home country, Kenya.
12) Fantastic thoughts on the Australian education system and comparisons with the Kenyan education system
13) Tips for parents raising children in Melbourne in terms of education. Compare this with the way Stella Mwangi aka STL was raised. Definitely worth thinking about taking control of teaching one’s child language and maths and not leaving that up to the State.
Raising Children in Melbourne
14) Challenges and insights
15) The difference in relationship between raising a child in Kenya and in Melbourne.
2) Kip Mcgraph
4) Job Network
Hope this is of service to you,