Pursue your Passion: Mwangi Interviews Kirk Nugent (Part 1)

Technical Difficulties

For some unforeseen reason, I am unable to put this out as a podcast for the time being, however the audio file works just fine. It’s an absolutely wonderful interview, enjoy.

The Podcast

icon for podpress  Part one of Kirk Nugent interview [28:20m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download

Do You Use Twitter?

If so, please follow me by going to my twitter page:Twitter.com/masmilele

Things Covered

1) Brief introduction: Just who is Kirk Nugent?

2) His life story beginning in Kingston and how he arrived in the States.

3) Comparisons between education levels in White schools and Black schools in the States

4) How he ended up dropping out of University

5) Interesting story of how he got his first job in sales while his friend ended up on America’s Most Wanted

6) His super difficult transition from a successful job in sales sales to a spoken word poet and speaker via a long period of destitution.

Much much more

Websites Mentioned

1) Kirk Nugent’s website: http://www.kirknugent.com/

2) Kirk Nugent’s Myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=52415162

No Comments

• By benin @ cheetah index, July 25, 2008 @ 9:56 am

Hi Mwangi, this is a great interview. Kirk is right though about coming to the point of saying enough is enough and breaking the bad habits that bind us to mediocre circumstances.

• By Mwangi, July 25, 2008 @ 2:28 pm

@benin@cheetah index: First of all, what a unique name :P I totally agree. One can easily make the case that the biggest enemy to progress and forward motion isn’t obstacles but rather comfort and tolerable levels of pain. Glad you enjoyed the interview, Kirk is just a fantastic human being.

• By rags, July 26, 2008 @ 12:28 am

I really liked the interview. Did you succeed in turning it into a podcast? Coz man, i need this one on my ipod! There is a quote he made that i really liked and i think it goes a little something like this: ” When you change the way you look @ things, the things you look at change.” – wow! Keep up the good work mwangi!

• By Mwangi, July 26, 2008 @ 12:39 am

@rags: Glad you liked it. Hope you got a chance to listen to part 2. I recently learned that whereas Wordpress was recently upgraded, my plugin that I use to podcast is in the process of being upgraded and so I can’t work on it for a while, but check in over the next month or so and you should find it. If not, I will upload it to Africanloft.com under my username of masmilele and you can download it from there.
    Hope that principle brings many tangible blessings into your life in the near future. :) There was no constructive criticism from you, this time round. I think the quality of the podcast may just be on the up and up

• By benin @ cheetah index, July 26, 2008 @ 5:46 am

Thanks Mwangi, I normally go by benin mwangi. But as you are Mwangi too, just thought to keep it simple.

I like your podcasts, in general too. Not just this one.

Gotta run…

• By Mwangi, July 26, 2008 @ 9:58 am

@Benin Mwangi: I am glad you are a podcast fan. As I was saying to rags, over the course of this blog’s life, I see more and more podcasts being produced over time as opposed to less and less……….

Other Links to this Post

1. Pursue your Passion: Mwangi Interviews Kirk Nugent (Part 2) » The Displaced African — July 25, 2008 @ 3:39 am

2. Mwangi and Coach Caroline Discuss Culture Shock and the Psychology of African Immigrants - The Displaced African — August 26, 2008 @ 3:28 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI