Make Sure You Subscribe to the Podcast
I have scheduled interviews with experts and people from all over the African diaspora. To receive word as soon as i have published these interviews make sure you subscribe to the Displaced African podcast via either RSS or by searching for “Displaced African” on Itunes and getting it fresh to your Ipod whenever they come out.
Hint: The next podcast is with STL a.ka. Stella Mwangi, brilliant woman she is!
1) University background before immigrating to the US
2) His experiences when he first arrived in Alabama in 1998.
3) How Mashada got started in 1999.
4) Did Mashada grow quickly or incrementally over time?
5) The origins of some of the darlings of the blogosphere including Thinkers Room.
6) Mashada was an accident?!
7) The process of monetizing Mashada.com How has Mashada evolved over time?
9) Discusses shutting Mashada down during the post-election violence in Kenya
10) The double-edged sword that is free speech forums
11) How Ushahidi got started
12) How the blogosphere got the word out to the ground about Ushahidi
13) How are incidents verified on Ushahidi.
14)How United for Africa works as compared to Ushahidi
15) The Netsquared challenge where they won $25,000
16) How are they planning to expand Ushahidi
17) What is Kobia Interactive
18) David Talks about his time working for TIME Magazine
19) His working life within Kobia Interactive
20) How did African Tees get started
21) Things to be aware of if you decide to sell t-shirts online
22) The difference between African Tees and other t-shirt design firms
23) How David manages to balance so many projects; What takes most of his time?
24) How should Africans be spending their time on the web?
25) Words of advice for new immigrants
Websites, technology and people mentioned
3) Thinker’s Room
4) Ory of Kenyan Pundit
5) Erik from the White African
6) Google Maps
7) Google Maps API Learn what RSS is by clicking here…..
9) United for Africa: Used during the xenophobic attacks in South Africa to assist support crews
10) Netsquared Challenge: Check out this article that discusses Ushahidi’s victory at Netsquared.
11) Kobia Interactive
12) Time Magazine
14) Time Warner
15) African Tees
16) Jamhuri Wear
17) Julianna from Afromusing
18) Google Documents
19) Check out my review of Skype here
20) Presentation by founder of Amazon on the Golden age of the Web
Have a blessed day and an even more blessed life,