Kelly, from the hottest new blog on the scene, recently wrote a post based on the movie Bucket list. In it Jack Nicholson and Morgan (good casting me thinks) have 6 months to live and they create a ‘bucket list’: This is a list of things that they want to do before they ‘kick the bucket’ (die). I thought to myself, what would I do if this, the year 2008 was my last year to live. So below is my rather idiosyncratic ‘bucket list’ of things I would definitely get done (in truth, a lot of them I will eventually do…but I digress)
1) Build my blog to the point that it’s my job and I no longer need to work: Imagine, I write, I reply to comments and I no longer have to have hand-to-hand combat with an alarm clock. Sigh!
2) Win or at least qualifying for a bodybuilding competition: It’ll depend on how the winner looks: if he looks like he eats steroids for breakfast, then qualifying is good enough.
3) Win a national and/or international hip hop dance competition: I am barely a dancer now. I am a pretty resourceful person and so I would love to know how I would get this done.
4) Become a public speaker to young African men: I know Carol, I should have already started. Soon and very soon….
5) Create my own clothing label and begin designing and retailing my own clothes: Clothes make the man, right? I want to be in full control of what I wear. Maybe make some change on the side….
6) Create my first ever movie and/or series (TV or radio): Ever since I saw the play ‘Lwanda’ I have always wanted to make a movie based on that play. I also absolutely loved BBC radio theatre when I heard it.
7) Travel home for many months and learn my native tongue: My mother is a Kikuyu from Rift Valley ( who speaks the more widely accepted version of Kikuyu) and my father is from Kirinyaga where they speak a type of Kikuyu that is grossly different from the norm. I want to learn both of them before I begin learning all languages in Kenya and then in Africa………..
I would love to see other people’s Bucket Lists, so Caustic, majonzi, gal africana, Sunny please share yours. My lovely readers, leave a comment below or write your own lists on your blog and link to mine and tell me what you would do before they put you six feet under (or cremate you or put you on a burning boat and set you out to the ocean or put you in a house for a week prior to digging a hole in the compound or……..:P )
Live like you will eventually die in every moment of your existence,